Meet & Be Green
At Hyatt, we have the same commitment to caring for the earth as we do to caring for our guests. Which is why when you commit to "Meet and Be Green," you're taking steps to ensure your meeting has less impact on the environment.
Just follow our 10 steps you'll save 3% off your master bill on meetings booked and held by December 31, 2014. Simply commit to taking these 10 steps to reduce the environmental impact of your meeting and save 3%.
- Plan Ahead. Surprises are lots of fun, but not for meetings. Provide us with your meeting info and event orders 10 days in advance to reduce the use of last minute resources.
- Please Recycle. Commit to using the recycling bins provided by the hotel at all functions, meetings, offices and guest rooms - making it easy to be green. Recycling services vary by property.
- Print local. It's better to print it there than bring it there. It's even better to print on recycled paper - we're here to help you coordinate all your printing needs and will provide you with a list of recommended environmental printing services.
- Ship Less. Shipping meeting materials wastes fuel, paper, plastic, energy and water. So, no more than one pallet of materials can be shipped to the hotel for each 100 rooms occupied and no more than ½ pallet going home.
- Take what you need. Rather than handing out pens and note pads, place all meeting materials in a central location so meeting attendees can take only what they need.
- Ban the bottle. Drinking lots of water is good. But not from a plastic bottle. Instead, use reusable bottles and refill at conveniently located filtered water stations.
- Waste not. While we're at it, let's eliminate the use of other disposable products at meetings. Exceptions can be made for Boxed meals and poolside service.
- Keep it comfy by setting reasonable meeting temperatures. Set the meeting room temperature at an agreed-upon number and keep it there. Not too hot, not too cool is just right.
- Eat Local. Don't think of it as just a meeting, think of it as chance to sample the local flavor. Our seasonal banquet menus feature locally grown and sourced products.
- Use Recycled Products. Your ideas will look just as smart on 100% recycled paper. Other items, such as menus and pens should have at least some recycled material too.
Call 617.521.6333 or firstname.lastname@example.org and mention offer code "Green" to learn more about the Meet & Be Green Commitment!